Last Updated: 01/18/2022
Thank you for visiting Drink Your Values online. We are an organization dedicated to supporting progressive causes through innovative social entrepreneurship by offering a craft beer portfolio tailored to support social justice issues, organizations, and campaigns.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
When you visit or interact with the Services, DYV may obtain certain personal information from you such as your name, email address or other user ID, phone number, company affiliation, delivery or shipping address, job application information (e.g., resume, employment and educational history, references), precise location, and payment information. “Personal information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect certain information about you automatically. This information may include your IP address, device identifier, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preference, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. We automatically collect this information using various tools and technologies such as cookies and web server logs. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer, sometimes with a tag that identifies your computer. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, or to remove or reject cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may affect the availability and functionality of the Services and other websites.
We may also use certain third-party web and mobile app analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Custom Audiences, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Services and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, look-alike modeling, and impression reporting. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to get insight into behavior information relating to visitor age, gender, and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level, and to deliver advertisements to you, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, personalize content, and detect online behaviors such as site visitation, dwell time, and actions taken. For more information on how the Google Marketing Platform uses the data collected through the Services, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
In addition to the automatic collection mechanisms listed above, we may also:
- As an advertising publisher, use Tags in connection with the Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings Service for Google Ad Manager;
- Use Microsoft’s Bing Universal Event Tracking (UET) feature, in which case Microsoft collects your personal information (see Microsoft Privacy Statement).
To find out more about how third-party analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online, and how to opt-out of information collection by these networks generally, please visit: http://www.youradchoices.com, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices, http://www.networkadvertising.org, or https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice. Please note that we are not responsible for the opt out process of third parties.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Information Collected from Third Parties
We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your DYV member account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
Depending on your personal device and App permission settings, when using our App, we may collect or have access to your:
- Precise geolocation.When enabled, this may allow the App to collect real-time information about the location of your device (GPS and network-based) to provide requested location services, ensure your orders are placed at the correct location, and to serve you relevant offers or promotions.
- When enabled, this may allow the App to access the camera to scan and input payment method details.
- Wi-Fi connection information.When enabled, this may allow the App to view Wi-Fi connections.
- The App will send and receive data to and from the Internet, and may view network connections, have full network access, control vibration of your device, or prevent your device from sleeping.
You may be able to enable or disable location tracking by the App by adjusting the permissions in your account or device settings. Be aware that if GPS precise location services are disabled, other means of establishing or estimating location (e.g., connecting to or proximity to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, beacons, or our networks) may persist. Enabling location tracking may allow the App to track your location in the background, which can decrease battery life.
We will store personal information we obtain through the App for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law.
Note that for information we collect via Apple services (e.g., iOS), we will obtain your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use personal information we obtain about you to:
- facilitate and personalize your user experience on the Sites and to improve the Services;
- conduct statistical analysis of the content, layout, and features of the Services, for our marketing purposes;
- communicate with you regarding your membership, orders, social justice issues, organizations, and campaigns, events, and the Services;
- respond to your requests or inquiries;
- register you for accounts on the Services;
- register you for our email and postal mailing lists or for promotions or offers conducted through the Services;
- process payment information for orders or online purchases through our e-commerce store;
- respond to job inquiries and job applications submitted by you;
- process your fundraiser applications;
- send marketing information to you, such as promotional offers or information about new product offerings and programs;
- provide location services;
- prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies; or
- for any other purpose, with your consent where appropriate.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
For advertising purposes, we may share your information (e.g., information we collect automatically, email address) with third-party service providers. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own tracking technologies/cookies.
We may also publicly post on our Services certain user-generated content you submit to us, such as pictures or commentary, or link it to any social media platforms.
We may also disclose personal information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of DYV’s rules for use of the Services, or to protect and defend the rights or property of DYV or others.
The Services are not intended for, and are not intentionally targeted to, persons under 21, and we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 21 years of age through the Services. If we learn that the Services have received personal information directly from a person who is under the age of 21, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
You can opt out of DYV marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email. If at any time you want to correct the personal information we have about you, or if you wish to change your preferences (including your communication preferences), you may do so by (1) emailing us at email@example.com or writing us at:
425 Cherry Street
Kent OH, 44240
Attention: Privacy Inquiry
We use various security measures as part of an effort to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and other unlawful forms of processing. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Services, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may offer links to websites and other services that are not maintained by DYV. By visiting one of these linked websites or services, you are subject to their privacy and other policies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information. We are not responsible for, or able to monitor or control, the policies and practices of other companies.